Contributed by Maine Historical Society
- Item 11979
- print page
- download web image
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Manuscript map #50 from the Proprietors of the Township of Brunswick papers showing Merrymeeting Bay, the Kennebec River, and various forts and settlements along the river. This map encompasses nearly all of the land claimed by the Pejepscot and Kennebec Proprietors. The map also includes a description of the Fort at Norridgewock. Col. Joseph Heath, creator of this map, raided Norridgewock in 1721.
About This Item
- Title: Norridgewock Fort and Kennebec River, 1719
- Creator: Joseph Heath
- Creation Date: 1719-05-16
- Subject Date: 1719
- Sagadahoc County, ME
- Cumberland County, ME
- Norridgewock, Somerset County, ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 44 cm x 62 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 61, Map 50
- Collection: Pejepscot Proprietors papers
- Object Type: Text and Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Kennebec River (Me.)--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- Land grants--Maine
- Merrymeeting Bay (Me.)--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- Pejepscot Proprietors
- Pejepscot Purchase Company
- Proprietors of the Township of Brunswick--Records and correspondence--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.