Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Manuscript map 349 from the Plymouth Company's records.
The map title reads, "This is a plan of Ruscohegon Alias Parker's [Georgetown] Island laying at the mouth of [the] Kennebeck River on the East side thereof being within the Limits and Bounds of the patent Land belonging to the proprietors of the Kennebeck purchas from the Late Colony of New Plymouth with all the Settlers lotts thereon which is under the said Company...Dated this 22 March Anno Domini 1759."
A color illustration of a surveyor is on this map.
About This Item
- Title: Plan of Ruscohegon Alias Parker's Island, Georgetown, 1759
- Creator: Jones, Jonas
- Creation Date: 1759-03-22
- Subject Date: 1759-03-22
- Town: Georgetown
- County: Sagadahoc
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper, map
- Dimensions: 54 cm x 94 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 60, Map 349
- Collection: Plymouth Company (1749-1816) records
- Object Type: Text and Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Cardinal points
- Georgetown Island (Me.)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- Kennebec Purchase Company
- Kennebeck Proprietors
- Land grants--Maine--Maps--Early works to 1800
- Manuscript maps
- Plymouth Company, 1749-1816--Records and correspondence--Maps--Early works to 1800
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.