Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Manuscript map #43 showing a plan of an island in [the] Androscoggin River sold to Peletiah Haley, a shipwright from Topsham. The plan was drawn on Oct. 17, 1767. The Island was known as "Beach Island" and it was conveyed along with 130 acres of land in Topsham for £48 and "the finishing the meetinghouse in said place."
About This Item
- Title: Peletiah Haley's island, 1767
- Creator: John Merrill
- Creation Date: 1767-10-17
- Subject Date: 1767-10-17
- Topsham, Sagadahoc County, ME
- Brunswick, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 19 cm x 30 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 61, Map 43
- Collection: Proprietors of the Township of Brunswick Pejepscot Proprietors papers
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Androscoggin River (N.H. and Me.)--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- Brunswick (Me.)--Maps
- Land companies
- Land grants--Maine
- Land settlement--Maine--Topsham
- Maine--History--Colonial period, ca. 1600-1775--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- Pejepscot Company--Records and correspondence--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- Proprietors of the Township of Brunswick
- Real property--Maine--Harpswell
- Topsham (Me.)--Maps
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.