Contributed by Margaret Chase Smith Library
Black and white photograph of Margaret Chase Smith and Senator Ralph Owen Brewster at the Maine State Society's annual Lobster Dinner on February 22, 1946 held in the U.S. Interior Department's cafeteria. The Society's first lobster dinner was held on February 5, 1945 at a cost of $1.50 for members and $2.00 for non-members.
About This Item
- Title: Margaret Chase Smith and Ralph Owen Brewster enjoying a lobster
- Creation Date: 1946-02-22
- Subject Date: 1946-02-22
- Skowhegan, Somerset County, ME
- Cape Elizabeth, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 15.2 cm x 17.8 cm
- Local Code: 398-157
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Brewster, Ralph Owen--Photographs
- Dinner parties--Washington, D.C.
- Smith, Margaret Chase, 1897-1995--Photographs
- Senators--United States
- Lobster dinner
- Maine State Societysenator
- Margaret Chase Smith
- Ralph Owen Brewster
- Smith, Margaret Chase
For more information about this item, contact:Margaret Chase Smith Library
56 Norridgewock Avenue, Skowhegan, ME 04976
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.