Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Manuscript map #33 of lots in Topsham, ca. 1760. Map commissioned by the Pejepscot Purchase Company. After their initial purchase of Wharton’s Patent, the Pejepscot Proprietors hired Joseph Heath to survey the lower Kennebec River. Upon completion in 1719, the proprietors claimed land on both sides of the river as far up as the conjunction of Cobboseconte Stream above Swan Island.
About This Item
- Title: Map of Topsham, ca. 1760
- Creator: Proprietors of the Township of Brunswick
- Creation Date: circa 1760
- Subject Date: circa 1760
- Location: Topsham, Sagadahoc County, ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 19 cm x 13 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 61, Map 33
- Collection: Pejepscot Proprietors papers
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Cathance River (Me.)--Maps, manuscript--Early works to 1800
- Land companies
- Land grants--Maine--Maps
- Land settlement--Maine
- Maine--History--Colonial period, ca. 1600-1775--Maps, manuscript--Early works to 1800
- Maine--Maps, manuscript--Early works to 1800
- Pejepscot Company--Records and correspondence
- Real property--Maine--Topsham
- Topsham (Me.)--Maps, manuscript--Early works to 1800
- Early contact & settlement
- Early works to 1800.
- Nature, geography & animals
- Pejepscot Proprietors
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.