Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Architecture commission for The Foster-Avery Co. at 516 Congress Street in Portland, ME, 1897. The commission is associated with John Calvin Stevens. This item is part of the Stevens Architects drawings and records collection.
Foster-Avery was a men's clothing store in Portland, Maine
About This Item
- Title: Besse & Foster store alterations, Portland, 1897
- Address: 516 Congress Street, Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Client: The Foster-Avery Co.
- Creation Date: 1897
- Subject Date: 1897
- Primary Architects: John Calvin Stevens
- Object Type: Text and Image
- Subtype: architectural drawing
- Media/Genre: elevations; architectural elements; alterations;
- Materials: ink on linen;
- Local Code: Coll. 209, 5-E-1
- Collection: Stevens Architects drawings and records collection
- Number of items in commission: 4
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Architectural drawing
- Clothing trade--Maine--Portland
- Men's clothing--Maine--Portland
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
The copyright status is unknown to the contributing organization.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.