Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The Grand Trunk Station was located at 1 India Street in Portland.
Built in 1903, it was the third Grand Trunk Station in Portland, replacing the other two.
In this photograph the clock tower had been built, but the clock was added later.
The clock tower was dismantled for safety reasons in 1948, and the station was razed in 1966.
About This Item
- Title: Grand Trunk station, Portland, ca. 1904
- Creation Date: 1904
- Subject Date: circa 1904
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Glass Negative
- Dimensions: 13 cm x 18 cm
- Local Code: Portland--Railroads--Stations ; see also Photographs--OS--Box 2; 2005.500.169
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Historic buildings--Maine--Portland
- Railroad stations--Maine--Portland
- Grand Trunk Railway of Canada--Maine--Portland--Facilities--Photographs
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.