Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The daughters of Capt. Eliakim and Joanna G. Wardwell of Penobscot, taken in about 1900, are, from left, Frances J. Moore of San Francisco, California; Martha W. Googins of Bucksport, M. Ella Robbins of Worcester, Massachusetts; and Juliet S. Douglass of Castine.
Their father, Eliakim Wardwell (12/30/1802-12/06/1864), was a ship captain. He owned the "Saphronia" that was built near Castine.
About This Item
- Title: Wardwell family, Penobscot, ca. 1900
- Creation Date: circa 1900
- Subject Date: circa 1900
- Town: Penobscot
- County: Hancock
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Local Code: Photographs--OS--Box 6
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Doublass, Juliet S.--Portrait photographs
- Googins, Martha W.--Portrait photographs
- Moore, Frances J.--Portrait photographs
- Robbins, M. Ella--Portrait photographs
- Wardwell Family (Penobscot, Me.)--Portrait photographs
- Moore, Frances J.
- Googins, Martha W.
- Robbins, M. Ella
- Douglass, Juliet S.
- Wardwell, Joanna G.
- Wardwell, Elia Kim
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.