Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Television's Lou Grant, actor Ed Asner, was in Maine in October 1982 to urge Maine voters to support closing the Maine Yankee Nuclear Power Plant in five years. Asner's trip was on behalf of the Maine Nuclear Referendum Committee that was sponsoring the referendum question.
It was the second of three referendums that attempted to close the plant. They were held in 1980, 1982, and 1987.
About This Item
- Title: Actor Ed Asner, Portland, 1982
- Creator: United Press International
- Creation Date: 1982-10-19
- Subject Date: 1982-10-19
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 25 cm x 20 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 1880, Box 7/4
- Collection: United Press International collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Antinuclear movements--Maine--Portand
- Asner, Edward--Photographs
- Maine Nuclear Referendum Committee
- Maine Yankee Atomic Power Plant
- Nuclear energy--Maine
- Political activists
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.