Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Architecture commission for an unknown client at 56 Rumford Avenue in Rumford Falls, Rumford, ME, 1903–1933. The commission is associated with John Calvin Stevens. This item is part of the Stevens Architects drawings and records collection.
The Rumford Public Library is a library in Rumford, Maine. The building it is in was designed by Maine architect John Calvin Stevens and was built with a funding grant from Andrew Carnegie in 1903.
About This Item
- Title: Rumford Falls Library, Rumford, 1903-1933
- Address: 56 Rumford Avenue, Rumford Falls, Rumford, Oxford County, ME
- Creation Date: 1903–1933
- Subject Date: 1903–1933
- Primary Architects: John Calvin Stevens
- Contributing Architects: John Calvin Stevens and John Howard Stevens Architects
- Object Type: Text and Image
- Subtype: architectural drawing
- Media/Genre: floor plans; presentation drawings; elevations; architectural elements; cross sections;
- Materials: graphite on linen; ink on linen;
- Local Code: Coll. 209, 4-E-3
- Collection: Stevens Architects drawings and records collection
- Number of items in commission: 40
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Public libraries--Maine--Rumford
- Rumford Public Library (Rumford, Me.)
- Architectural drawing
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
The copyright status is unknown to the contributing organization.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.