Contributed by Mechanics' Hall
This record was added to Maine Memory Network through the efforts of a student at Mount Holyoke College. More info about student projects.
Mechanics’ Hall is the location of the Maine Charitable Mechanic Association (MCMA) since the 1850s. The MCMA was an organization founded by skilled tradesmen in order to pool their resources and work together. The first floor of Mechanics’ Hall was often rented out to commercial businesses, and in 1975 the Carter Brothers Jewelry Company and Fotoshop (a photography supply store) resided there.
About This Item
- Title: Maine Charitable Mechanic Association building, Portland, ca. 1975
- Creation Date: circa 1975
- Subject Date: circa 1975
- Location: Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 25.4 cm x 20.3 cm
- Local Code: Box 2A, Folder 2
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Carter Brothers Jewelers
- Charities--Maine--Portland--Associations, institutions, etc.
- Congress Street (Portland, Me.)
- Historic buildings--Maine--Portland
- Jewelry stores--Maine--Portland
- Maine Charitable Mechanic Association (Portland, Me.)
- Mechanics Hall (Portland, Me.)
- Photography--Equipment and supplies--Maine--Portland
For more information about this item, contact:Mechanics' Hall
519 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.