Contributed by Mechanics' Hall
- Item 111833
- print page
- download web image
This record was added to Maine Memory Network through the efforts of a student at Mount Holyoke College. More info about student projects.
Students who had successfully completed one of the free technical drawing classes offered by the Maine Charitable Mechanic Association at Mechanics' Hall would have received this certificate. From 1875 to 1988, the MCMA offered mechanical and architectural drawing classes every year. The free drawing classes were one way that the organization tried to support skilled laborers in Maine.
About This Item
- Title: Free Drawing School certificate from Maine Charitable Mechanic Association, Portland, ca. 1988
- Creator: Maine Charitable Mechanic Association
- Creation Date: circa 1988
- Subject Date: circa 1988
- Location: Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Architectural drawing--Study and teaching
- Maine Charitable Mechanic Association (Portland, Me.)
- Mechanical drawing--Study and teaching
For more information about this item, contact:Mechanics' Hall
519 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.