Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Architecture commission for W. M. Dunn at an unknown address in Cushing Island, Portland, ME, circa 1896. The commission is associated with John Calvin Stevens. This item is part of the Stevens Architects drawings and records collection.
Major William McKee Dunn, Jr. was born on 20 August 1843, in Madison, Indiana. He married May Ella Morrill on 22 October 1868, in Augusta, Maine. They were the parents of at least 1 son and 1 daughter. He died on 30 September 1891, on Cushing Island, Portland, Maine, at the age of 48, and was buried in Oak Hill Cemetery, in Washington D.C.
About This Item
- Title: Cottage for Major W. M. Dunn on Cushing Island, Portland, ca. 1891
- Address: unknown, Cushing Island, Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Client: W. M. Dunn
- Creation Date: circa 1896
- Subject Date: circa 1896
- Primary Architects: John Calvin Stevens
- Object Type: Text and Image
- Subtype: architectural drawing
- Media/Genre: floor plans; presentation drawings; architectural elements;
- Materials: ink on tracing paper;
- Local Code: Coll. 209, 3-A-3-02
- Collection: Stevens Architects drawings and records collection
- Number of items in commission: 2
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
The copyright status is unknown to the contributing organization.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.