Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Architecture commission for an unknown client at an unknown address in South Poland, Poland, ME, 1880. The commission is associated with Fasset and Stevens Architects. This item is part of the Stevens Architects drawings and records collection.
The Poland Spring House, constructed to meet the needs and demands of the increased interest in Poland Spring, was built in 1876 as a small summer hotel. Within a little over a decade, the 100 person hotel would be added onto and expanded and by 1903 would play host to several hundred guests each day throughout the summer months.
About This Item
- Title: Alterations for Poland Spring House, South Poland, 1880
- Address: unknown, South Poland, Poland, Androscoggin County, ME
- Creation Date: 1880
- Subject Date: 1880
- Primary Architects: Fasset and Stevens Architects
- Object Type: Text and Image
- Subtype: architectural drawing
- Media/Genre: sketches; elevations
- Materials: graphite on paper;
- Local Code: Coll. 209, 2-D-1-01
- Collection: Stevens Architects drawings and records collection
- Number of items in commission: 1
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
The copyright status is unknown to the contributing organization.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.