Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The children in the Finnish Congregational Church Sunday School in West Paris, August 18, 1918. Mrs. Raita, wife of the pastor and superintendent of the Sunday School is seen in about the center of the group. Finns first arrived in the West Paris area in the 1890s.
About This Item
- Title: Finnish children, West Paris, 1918
- Creator: Arkett
- Creation Date: 1918-08-18
- Subject Date: 1918-08-18
- Town: West Paris
- County: Oxford
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 20 cm x 25 cm
- Local Code: Photographs--OS--Box 2
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Churches--Maine--West Paris
- Congregational churches--Maine--West Paris
- Finnish Americans--Maine--West Paris
- Finnish Congregational Church (West Paris, Me.)
- Sunday schools--Maine--West Paris
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.