Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This is one of four cards featuring Henry Wadsworth Longfellow. In the game, which was similar to "Go Fish", players competed to finish "books" consisting of four cards with the same author. There were eleven different authors featured in the game. Other cards can be seen: 10592, 10594 and 10595.
About This Item
- Title: Game of Authors playing card showing Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, ca. 1900
- Creator: Western Publishing Company
- Creation Date: circa 1900
- Subject Date: circa 1900
- Town: Cambridge, Portland
- County: Cumberland, Middlesex
- State: MA, ME
- Media: Paper
- Dimensions: 2.9 cm x 1.7 cm
- Local Code: 1998.1.85
- Object Type: Text and Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.