Courtesy of Roberta Gleeson, an individual partner
Not available for reproduction or licensing. More info.
John Seneca French served in the 1st Maine Volunteer Cavalry during the Civil War. He fought in many battles and upon release he went to San Francisco.
He served as Commander of the Lincoln Post of the GAR in San Francisco. He is my great grandfather.
About This Item
- Title: Pvt. John Seneca French from Franklin, ca. 1900
- Creator: Watson, Thomas
- Creation Date: circa 1900
- Subject Date: circa 1865
- Town: Franklin, San Francisco
- County: Hancock, San Francisco
- State: CA, ME
- Media: Photographic Print
- Dimensions: 22.9 cm x 17.8 cm
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- 1st Maine Volunteer Cavalry M Company--1861-1864
- Franklin (Me.)
- Maine Infantry Regiment, 1st--People
- Maine--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
The copyright status is unknown to the contributing organization.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.