Contributed by Maine Historical Society
William Bayley, a Continental Soldier, wrote to his mother, Jean Bayley of Falmouth, from Valley Forge, Pennsylvania, April 16, 1778. He told her he had been sick with a fever but was now better.
About This Item
- Title: William Bayley letter to mother, April 16, 1778
- Creator: Bayley, William
- Creation Date: 1778-04-16
- Subject Date: 1778-04-16
- Town: Portland, Valley Forge
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME, PA
- Media: Ink on paper
- Local Code: Coll. 64, Box 2/5
- Collection: Andrew Hawes papers
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Bayley, Jean--Correspondence
- Bayley, William--Correspondence
- United States--History--Revolution, 1775-1783--Personal narratives
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.