Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The view from The Island Ledge Casino in Wells Beach overlooked Casino Square and the Atlantic Ocean. According to Hope M. Shelley's "Beaches of Wells" (1997), the buildings in the foreground include (left to right) the casino's movie theater, the Stacy House, the Bellevue, and the Littlefield home and store.
About This Item
- Title: View of the square from the casino, Wells Beach, ca. 1915
- Creation Date: circa 1915
- Subject Date: circa 1915
- Local Name: Wells Beach
- Town: Wells
- County: York
- State: ME
- Media: postcard
- Dimensions: 5.25 cm x 8.5 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 4014: Wells
- Collection: Postcard collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Amusements--Maine--Wells Beach
- Casino Square (Wells Beach, Me.)
- Casinos--Maine--Wells Beach
- Island Ledge Casino (Wells Beach, Me.)
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
The copyright status is unknown to the contributing organization.
More to Consider
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.