Contributed by Mercy Hospital
Sister Mary Annunciata Quigley, RN, was one of the most vital forces in Mercy’s early growth and development. After graduating from St. Mary’s School of Nursing in Lewiston in 1918, she took her vows as a Sister of Mercy in 1922. She became the hospital’s first administrator in 1934 and served in that capacity until 1967. She remained active at the hospital until her death in 1969.
About This Item
- Title: Sister Annunciata, Portland, ca. 1940
- Creator: Mercy Hospital
- Creation Date: circa 1940
- Subject Date: circa 1940
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 10.2 cm x 12.7 cm
- Collection: Mercy Hospital Historic Archive
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Mercy Hospital
144 State Street, Portland, ME 04101
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
More to Consider
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Catholic Church. Diocese of Portland (Me.)
- Health care personnel--Maine--Portland
- Health education
- Medical education
- Mercy Hospital (Portland, Me.)
- Sisters of Mercy.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.