Contributed by Maine Historical Society
The Maine Central Railroad offered reduced rate excursion tickets to college football games in Boston on November 7th, 1931. Most games in 1931 were held on Saturdays, and that weekend Harvard hosted Dartmouth, and Tufts hosted Boston University.
Tufts defeated Boston University, while Harvard claimed a 7-6 victory over Dartmouth. That season, Harvard was a team to watch; they came 9th in the country with a 7-1 record, scoring 149 points while giving up only 29.
About This Item
- Title: College football games at Boston excursion flyer, 1931
- Creator: Maine Central Railroad
- Creation Date: circa 1931
- Subject Date: 1931-10-07
- Location: Boston, Suffolk County, MA
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 58 cm x 21.5 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 1873, Box 1/4
- Collection: Maine Central Railroad Company excursion broadsides
- Object Type: Text and Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Boston University
- College sports--Massachusetts--Boston
- Dartmouth College
- Harvard University
- Maine Central Railroad Company
- Railroads--New England
- Tufts University
- Universities and colleges--Massachusetts--Boston
- Universities and colleges--New England
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
More to Consider
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.