Contributed by Mercy Hospital
Mercy Hospital staff often took scheduled breaks, or had small ice cream and tea parties on the rooftop of the hospital, providing a moment of respite from the busy day.
In this photograph, Sister Annunciata and several other sisters took tea and snacks. Sister Annunciata was the first Administrator of Queen’s Hospital from 1930 to 1967.
About This Item
- Title: Mercy Hospital roof social, Portland, ca 1940
- Creator: Mercy Hospital
- Creation Date: 1940
- Subject Date: circa 1940
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 12.7 cm x 17.8 cm
- Collection: Mercy Hospital Historic Archive
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Mercy Hospital
144 State Street, Portland, ME 04101
More to Consider
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Catholic Church. Diocese of Portland (Me.)
- Group portraits--Maine--Portland
- Health care personnel--Maine--Portland
- Health education
- Medical education
- Mercy Hospital (Portland, Me.)
- Sisters of Mercy.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.