Contributed by Northern Light Mercy Hospital
Mercy Hospital staff often took scheduled breaks, or had small ice cream and tea parties on the rooftop of the hospital, providing a moment of respite from the busy day.
In this photograph, Sister Annunciata and several other sisters took tea and snacks. Sister Annunciata was the first Administrator of Queen’s Hospital from 1930 to 1967.
About This Item
- Title: Mercy Hospital roof social, Portland, ca 1940
- Creator: Mercy Hospital
- Creation Date: 1940
- Subject Date: circa 1940
- Location: Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 12.7 cm x 17.8 cm
- Collection: Mercy Hospital Historic Archive
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Catholic Church. Diocese of Portland (Me.)
- Group portraits--Maine--Portland
- Health care personnel--Maine--Portland
- Health education
- Medical education
- Mercy Hospital (Portland, Me.)
- Sisters of Mercy.
For more information about this item, contact:Northern Light Mercy Hospital
175 Fore River Parkway, Portland, ME 04102
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
More to Consider
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.