Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Land deed to David Joy from the Plymouth Proprietors, dated May 8, 1751 for 100 acres of land near the Kennebec River.
The deed refers to David Joy of Richmond Farm, which may be present-day Richmond. The Plymouth Proprietors later became the Kennebec Proprietors.
About This Item
- Title: David Joy land deed, Richmond Farm, 1751
- Creator: Plymouth Proprietors
- Creation Date: 1751-05-08
- Subject Date: 1751-05-08
- Town: Boston, Richmond
- County: Kennebec, Suffolk
- State: MA, ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Local Code: Coll. 60, Box 9/6
- Collection: Plymouth Company (1749-1816) records
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Kennebec Company (1749-1816)--Deeds
- Plymouth Company (1749-1816)--Deeds
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.