Contributed by Whitefield Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Charles F. Achorn was shown in his buggy with his horse "Jack" at his home at 89 Main Street. His other horses were handled by hired hands Perl Eaton, with a team and wagon, and Henry Noyes.
On the back of this postcard Sarah Achorn Weeks (1875-1962) wrote "This was Uncle Charles home and the business and race horse - Uncle in Wagon - where I use to rim up and ring the Beel (sic) of 4th July".
About This Item
- Title: C. F. Achorn and horses, Coopers Mills, Whitefield, ca. 1908
- Creation Date: circa 1908
- Subject Date: circa 1908
- Local Name: Coopers Mills
- Town: Whitefield
- County: Lincoln
- State: ME
- Media: Postcard
- Dimensions: 8.7 cm x 13.7 cm
- Local Code: 1995.15.14.03.03
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Whitefield Historical Society
PO Box 176, Whitefield, ME 04353
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Buildings--Maine--Coopers Mills
- Main Street (Whitefield, Me.)
- Whitefield (Me.)
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.