Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The Dave Astor Show was a locally (Portland) produced television program featuring high school students from surrounding schools. On April 14, 1962, Lewiston School student guests appear with a stereo and album, likely as part of a sponsor promotion.
The Dave Astor Show aired from 1956 through 1971.
About This Item
- Title: Dave Astor Show guests demonstrate a stereo turntable, Portland, 1962
- Creation Date: 1962-04-14
- Subject Date: 1962-04-14
- Town: Lewiston, Portland
- County: Androscoggin, Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Film transparency
- Dimensions: 2 cm x 3.5 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 2499, Box 8/DA238
- Collection: Dave Astor Collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Dave Astor Show
- Phonograph turntables
- Rock and roll dancing
- Television dance parties
- Television programs--Maine--Portland
- WCSH-TV (Television station : Portland, Me.)
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.