Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Bonnie Tibbetts, a series regular on The Dave Astor Show, was dressed in costume as she waited on set. The Dave Astor Show featured local area high school students, as well as several regular performers. During this episode, on March 31, 1962, students from Freeport High School appeared on set.
An American-bandstand type program, The Dave Astor Show aired locally each week on Saturday afternoons from 1956 through 1971.
About This Item
- Title: An outtake of Bonnie Tibbetts on The Dave Astor Show, Portland, 1962
- Creation Date: 1962-03-31
- Subject Date: 1962-03-31
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Film transparency
- Dimensions: 3.5 cm x 2 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 2499, Box 8/DA117
- Collection: Dave Astor collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Dave Astor Show
- Freeport High School (Freeport, Me.)
- Rock and roll dancing
- Television dance parties
- Television programs--Maine--Portland
- WGME (Television station : Portland, Me.)
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.