Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
In March of 1962, South Portland High School students performed on the set of The Dave Astor Show. The weekly program featured local area teenagers, often singing and dancing on set. Teens were invited to appear based on their academic, civic and athletic performance at school.
The Dave Astor Show was a locally produced television program which featured high school students from surrounding schools. It aired from 1956 through 1971.
About This Item
- Title: South Portland High School students perform on the set of The Dave Astor Show, Portland, 1962
- Creation Date: 1962-03-17
- Subject Date: 1962-03-17
- Location: Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Film transparency
- Dimensions: 2 cm x 3.5 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 2499, Box 8/DA1
- Collection: Dave Astor collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Dave Astor Show
- Rock and roll dancing
- South Portland High School (South Portland, Me.)
- Television dance parties
- Television programs--Maine--Portland
- WCSH-TV (Television station : Portland, Me.)
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.