Contributed by Maine Historical Society
The construction site served as the launch site of the S.S. "Lewiston" at the Cumberland Shipyard on October 31, 1918. The man in the center, with the mustache, is likely James C. Hamlen.
James C. Hamlen was the president of the Cumberland Shipbuilding Company, which owned the Cumberland Shipyard.
About This Item
- Title: Site of the S.S. "Lewiston" launch, South Portland, 1918
- Creator: Cumberland Shipbuilding Company
- Creation Date: 1918-10-31
- Subject Date: 1918-10-31
- Location: South Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 19 cm x 24.5 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 454/120
- Collection: Cumberland Shipbuilding Company photograph album
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Cumberland Shipbuilding Company
- Lewiston (Ship)
- Shipbuilding--Maine--South Portland
- Shipyards--Maine--South Portland
- World War, 1914-1918
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.