Contributed by Stanley Museum on deposit at Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Kingfield-born photographer Chansonetta Stanley Emmons, became familiar with photography through her two brothers, who patented the Stanley Dry Plate process. She toured New England, the Carolinas and Canada taking pictures of rural life. About 1910, she photographed a series images in the New Portland area, featuring show livestock.
About This Item
- Title: Men with show oxen, West New Portland, ca 1910
- Creator: Emmons, Chansonetta Stanley
- Creation Date: circa 1910
- Subject Date: circa 1910
- Local Name: West New Portland
- Town: New Portland
- County: Somerset
- State: ME
- Media: Lantern slide, hand colored
- Dimensions: 4 cm x 7.5 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 4040 Box 5/A037
- Collection: Chansonetta Stanley Emmons Photograph Collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Stanley Museum on deposit at Maine Historical Society
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
More to Consider
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.