Contributed by Norcross Heritage Trust
Workers dug footings for the dam construction at Dolby, along the south side of Schoodic Stream, in conjunction with the paper mill being built in East Millinocket by Great Northern Paper Company.
The view is to the northeast. In the background, a building contains a rock crusher, which was used for creating railroad fill.
About This Item
- Title: Constructing Dolby Dam, East Millinocket, ca. 1905
- Creator: Fowler, Albert F
- Creation Date: circa 1905
- Subject Date: circa 1905
- Local Name: Dolby
- Town: East Millinocket
- County: Penobscot
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 9.5 cm x 12 cm
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Norcross Heritage Trust
80 Lyme Rd., Apt 353, Hanover, NH 03755
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Bodies of water--Maine--East Millinocket
- Construction workers
- Dam construction--Maine--East Millinocket
- Dams--Maine--East Millinocket
- Great Northern Paper Company
- Horses--Maine--East Millinocket
- Millinocket (Me. : Town)
- Lumber industry--Maine--East Millinocket
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.