Contributed by Bethel Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Constructed in 1816 as a combination Baptist/Methodist church and town meeting place, Bethel's "Center Meetinghouse" became the sole property of the Baptists in 1857.
After the Civil War, church membership steadily declined and by the turn of the twentieth century, the facility was rarely used for religious purposes.
About This Item
- Title: Middle Intervale Meetinghouse, Bethel, ca. 1970
- Creation Date: circa 1970
- Subject Date: circa 1970
- Local Name: Middle Intervale
- Town: Bethel
- County: Oxford
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 8.9 cm x 12.4 cm
- Local Code: 1976.050.0012
- Collection: Bethel photographs - buildings
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Bethel Historical Society
P. O. Box 12, Bethel, ME 04217-0012
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.