Contributed by Bethel Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Before the introduction of pulp and paper mills into the upper Androscoggin valley, Bethel farmers found winter employment working in logging camps.
Long logs, sawn into lumber, were quickly shipped out to urban markets via the Grand Trunk Railway in Bethel.
About This Item
- Title: Horses pulling log sled, ca. 1890
- Creation Date: circa 1890
- Subject Date: circa 1890
- County: Oxford
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 11.7 cm x 16.9 cm
- Local Code: 1990.010.0008
- Collection: Bethel area photographs - work scenes
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Bethel Historical Society
P. O. Box 12, Bethel, ME 04217-0012
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.