Contributed by Mantor Library at UMF
Miss Rose Lambertson (on the ladder in the back), physical education faculty at Farmington State Teachers College, assists students who are helping move the book collection from the college's original Reading Room in the main administration building to the new Library-Classroom building on May 17, 1956.
The new building later became known as the Mantor Library after it was officially dedicated in 1965, in honor of long-time history professor and college librarian Agnes P. Mantor.
About This Item
- Title: Reading Room in Merrill Hall, Farmington, 1956.
- Creation Date: 1956-05-17
- Subject Date: 1956-05-17
- Town: Farmington
- County: Franklin
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 13 cm x 8.75 cm
- Local Code: Buildings & Grounds, Vertical File (Merrill Hall)
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Farmington State Normal School (Me.)
- Farmington State Teachers College (Me.)
- University of Maine Farmington
- Mantor, Agnes P.--Commemoration
- Farmington State Teachers College (Me.)--Faculty
- Universities and colleges--Faculty
- Women college teachers--Maine
- University of Maine at Farmington. Library
- Agnes Mantor
- college students
- Farmington State Teachers College
- Mantor Library
- Merrill Hall
- reading room
- University of Maine at Farmington
For more information about this item, contact:Mantor Library at UMF
University of Maine at Farmington, 116 South Street, Farmington, ME 04938
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.