Contributed by Bridgton Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
18 Depot Street is a tax record for a building the Paugus Tribe of Red Men Lodge bought in 1920. They used the second floor for as a meeting hall and operated the Riverside Theatre on the ground floor.
This tax assessors card dates to around 1938. The Town later updated the card to reflect ownership by Clara Leboritz, Leboritz Land. The address given is the address at the time of the survey, and may have changed. The card references a deed dated 1915; this is not the date of the photograph.
About This Item
- Title: Riverside Theatre, 18 Depot Street, Bridgton, ca. 1938
- Creator: Town of Bridgton
- Creation Date: circa 1938
- Subject Date: circa 1938
- Town: Bridgton
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper and photograph
- Dimensions: 21 cm x 38 cm
- Local Code: Card83 Riverside Theatre 18 Depot Street
- Collection: 1930s Tax Assessors Records
- Object Type: Text and Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Real property--Maine--Bridgton
- Fraternal lodges--Maine--Bridgton
- Tax assessment--Maine--Bridgton
- Motion picture theaters--Maine--Bridgton
For more information about this item, contact:Bridgton Historical Society
5 Gibbs Ave PO Box 44, Bridgton, ME 04009
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.