Contributed by Lithgow Public Library
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This postcard shows photo views of several buildings in Augusta. Clockwise from top left: Kennebec County Jail, Water Street Post Office, Augusta City Hall, view of Water Street, Governor Hill Mansion / Oblate House, Maine State House, Augusta House Hotel, Edwards Mill, Fort Western, Lithgow Library, Civil War Monument; Cony High School (bottom center) ; Unknown (top center). The Augusta House Hotel, Edwards Mill and the Original Cony High School buildings no longer exist.
About This Item
- Title: Views of Augusta, ca. 1906
- Creation Date: circa 1906
- Subject Date: circa 1906
- Town: Augusta
- County: Kennebec
- State: ME
- Media: Postcard
- Dimensions: 14 cm x 9 cm
- Local Code: Postcards -- 001
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Lithgow Public Library
45 Winthrop Street, Augusta, ME 04330
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Monuments & memorials--Maine--Augusta
- Public buildings--Maine--Augusta
- State houses----Maine--Augusta
- Lithgow Public Library (Augusta, Me.)
- State Houses--Maine--Augusta
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.