Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The image of the Wadsworth-Longfellow house in Portland is on a postcard that was sent from Dark Harbor, postmark August 27, 1905 to "Mr. A.F. Sawyer in Millbridge, postmark August 28, 1905.
The text on front reads: "Portland, Me, Longfellow Mansion." The card has an inset of Longfellow's image.
The handwritten message is: "This is a post card. Have you ever seen one before? Mgt."
About This Item
- Title: Longfellow House, Portland, ca. 1905
- Creator: H.C. Leighton Co., Portland
- Creation Date: circa 1905
- Subject Date: circa 1905
- Town: Milbridge, Portland
- County: Cumberland, Washington
- State: ME
- Media: Postcard
- Local Code: 1999.347
- Object Type: Text and Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Historic buildings--Maine--Portland
- Longfellow, Henry Wadsworth, 1807-1882--Homes and haunts--Maine--Portland
- Longfellow, Henry Wadsworth, 1807-1882--Portraits
- Maine Historical Society
- Wadsworth-Longfellow House (Portland, Me.)
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.