New England House Hotel, Belfast, ca. 1875
In 1848 the New England House hotel opened on High Street in the former Eels house, which had been built in 1806. The hotel was re-modeled and enlarged in 1860, and in 1885 was renamed the Windsor Hotel. By the early 20th century, the hotel had fifty-five guest rooms and its restaurant was popular with diners. The building burned in 1960.