The bridge over the "Gut" in South Bristol, 1996
This photograph was taken from the west side of Route 129 on Rutherford Island and looks south toward the mainland. The fourth bridge to be built over the "Gut" can be seen in the center of the image. The green railing at right center and the metal grid of the roadway mark the bridge itself which opens for marine traffic by swinging to the right. It was built in 1930-1931 and has lasted longer than any other structure at the site.