View of Seven Mile Stream, East Dixfield, ca.1910
Contributed by Dixfield Historical Society
Seven Mile Stream was very important to the commercial development of East Dixfield Village. The water power made possible the development of saw and grist mills as well as the apple barrel and cheese box factories.
The iron span bridge in the foreground originally spanned Webb River in Dixfield Village. When a new Webb River Bridge was constructed in 1905-06, this iron span bridge was moved to East Dixfield.
- Title: View of Seven Mile Stream, East Dixfield, ca.1910
- Creation Date: circa 1908
- Subject Date: circa 1908
- Local Name: East Dixfield Village
- Town: Dixfield
- County: Oxford
- State: ME
- Media: black and white postcard
- Dimensions (cm): 135 x 87
- Local Code: 2013-25
- Collection: Courtesy Mr. and Mrs. Clayton Laplant
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
If you'd like to privately share a comment with MMN staff, please use this form.