Contributed by Mantor Library at UMF
Students living in the Farmington State Normal School dormitories would have received this room care card, which spelled out the Normal School's expectations for dormitory rooms - orderliness and cleanliness at all times, if you please!
Expectations for social behavior in the dorms were also set out clearly in the school's policies. Young women were expected to sign in and out, had a strict curfew, and were allowed gentleman callers only during certain hours and always in the public parlor. Naturally, being high-spirited college students, many of the young women devoted considerable energy to getting around the dormitory rules.
About This Item
- Title: Rules For Dormitory Rooms, Farmington State Normal School, ca. 1945
- Creator: Farmington State Normal School
- Creation Date: circa 1945
- Subject Date: circa 1945
- Town: Farmington
- County: Franklin
- State: ME
- Media: ink on paper
- Dimensions: 7.5 cm x 12.5 cm
- Object Type: Text
For more information about this item, contact:Mantor Library at UMF
University of Maine at Farmington, 116 South Street, Farmington, ME 04938
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- University of Maine at Farmington
- Farmington State Normal School (Me.)
- Farmington State Teachers College (Me.)
- Universities & colleges--Maine--Farmington
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.