Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Fishing and hunting expeditions into Maine's north woods in the late 1800s required travel by boat, train, and horse drawn wagons to transport the gear to and from camp. Here we see the men adjusting the canoes and loads after passing the Great Carrying Place near Roach Pond and Ragged Lake in the Moosehead Lake Region.
About This Item
- Title: Loading up the teams
- Creator: Dunn, John W.
- Creation Date: 1894
- Subject Date: 1894
- County: Piscataquis
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 10 cm x 12 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 447, v.3
- Collection: Dunn, John W. G. (John Warner Grigg) photographs and diaries
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Great Carrying Place (Me.)--Photographs
- Horse teams--Maine
- Moosehead Lake (Me.)--Photographs
- Ragged Lake (Me.)
- Roach Pond (Me.)
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.