Maine Indians, Portland, 1920
Contributed by Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Passamaquoddy and Penobscot Indians made an encampment in Deering Oaks Park in Portland, to take part in the Maine Centennial celebrations, June 26-July 5, 1920.
Pictured are Noel Francis and his wife. This image was published in the July 3rd edition of the Portland Evening Express.
- Title: Maine Indians, Portland, 1920
- Creator: Portland Press Herald, Evening Express
- Creation Date: 1920
- Subject Date: 1920
- Local Name: Indian Village
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Black and white photograph, glass negative
- Dimensions (cm): 13 x 18
- Local Code: 2005.061.2935.5x7; Coll. 1949 #2935
- Collection: Portland Press Herald Glass Negative collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:
Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
Passamaquoddy Indians--Clothing and dress.
Maine Centennial, June 26-July 5, 1920
Penobscot Indians--Clothing and dress
Indians of North America--Maine--Penobscot Indians--Women
Indians of North America--Maine--Passamaquoddy Indians--Women