Contributed by Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Clara Neptune, a member of the Penobscot Indian Nation from Indian Island, posed at the Maine Centennial celebration in Portland, June 26-July 5, 1920.
This photograph was on page nine of the Thursday, July 1, 1920 issue of the Portland Evening Express.
About This Item
- Title: Clara Neptune, Portland, 1920
- Creation Date: 1920
- Subject Date: 1920
- Local Name: Indian Village
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Glass Negative
- Dimensions: 12.7 cm x 17.8 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 1949, 2005.061.2948
- Collection: Portland Press Herald glass negative collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Indian village (Portland, Me.)
- Indians of North America--Maine--Penobscot Indians--Women
- Maine--Centennial celebrations
- Penobscot Indians--Clothing and dress
- Penobscot Indians--Jewelry
- Penobscot Indians--Symbols
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.