Contributed by Abplanalp Library, UNE
Members of the Westbrook Seminary Philomatheon Club, from left, are Edith Dyer, Belle Willis, Jean Moulton, Winifred Mansur, Alice Brown, and Vera Hoyt.
The Philomatheon Club was one of several literary societies that flourished in the 19th and early 20th century at Westbrook Seminary. Emphasis was on debate, and membership included both men and women, although only the "Philomathea" are pictured in this 1911 or 1912 photo.
About This Item
- Title: Philomatheon Club, Westbrook Seminary, ca. 1911
- Creation Date: circa 1911
- Subject Date: circa 1911
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photograph on postcard
- Local Code: Lowd Scrapbook
- Collection: Westbrook College History Collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Abplanalp Library, UNE
716 Stevens Avenue, Portland, ME 04103
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Literature--Societies, etc.
- Universities & colleges--Maine
- Westbrook Junior College
- Westbrook Seminary. Philomathean Society
- Westbrook Seminary--People
- Westbrook College
- Philomathean Society (Westbrook Seminary)
- University of New England. Westbrook College Campus
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.