Contributed by Maine State Archives
Dr. Estes Nichols, medical superintendent of the Maine State Sanatorium in Hebron wrote a brief history of the sanatorium to Hiram T. Ricker to share with legislators who had questions about the facility.
Ricker was a member of the Sanatorium Association that oversaw the facility's operations.
The Legislature appropriated some funds to help indigent patients and had been asked for funds to help pay down the sanatorium's debt.
This is a carbon copy of the original letter.
About This Item
- Title: Brief history of Maine Sanatorium, 1909
- Creator: Nichols, Estes
- Creation Date: 1909-09-17
- Subject Date: 1909-09-17
- Local Name: Greenwood Mountain
- Town: Hebron, South Poland
- County: Androscoggin, Oxford
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Local Code: 2613-076, Box 1/1909, September 16-30
- Object Type: Text
For more information about this item, contact:Maine State Archives
84 State House Station, Augusta, ME 04333-0084
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Ricker, Hiram--Correspondence
- Maine State Sanatorium
- Hospitals, convalescent--Maine--Hebron
- Tuberculosis hospitals--Maine
- Western Maine Sanatorium
- Nichols, Estes--Correspondence
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.