First St. Peter's Church, Lewiston, ca. 1900
The original St. Peter's Church at Ash and Bartlett streets in Lewiston. The church served the Franco-American community, which outgrew it by 1905. The building was was demolished and the new church, Sts. Peter and Paul, was not completed until the mid 1930s. The photo is from "Cent ans de vie paroissiale SS. Pierre et Paul de Lewiston" (1970, p. 56).