West New Portland Village, ca. 1905
Contributed by Stanley Museum
A view of the village of New Portland, known locally as West New Portland, circa 1905.
At center, a man stands on the bridge over Lemon Stream as a woman in a buggy approaches. To the right stands a mill on the stream, possibly the carding and novelty mill operated by W.W. Jordan, one of several mills in operation in the village at this time.
- Title: West New Portland Village, ca. 1905
- Creator: Emmons, Chansonetta Stanley
- Creation Date: circa 1905
- Subject Date: circa 1905
- Local Name: West New Portland
- Town: New Portland
- County: Somerset
- State: ME
- Media: Black & White Photograph
- Dimensions (cm): 11.8 x 17
- Local Code: Pinkham #33
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:
street: 40 School Street, mailing: PO BOX 77, Kingfield, ME 04947
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
If you'd like to privately share a comment with MMN staff, please use this form.