Contributed by Kings Landing Historical Settlement
Lt. Albert G. Abbott of New Brunswick was an officer in the First Regiment of Maine Heavy Artillery. He died at Petersburg, Virginia, June 18th, 1864.
Maine's 18th Regiment Infantry was mustered August 21, 1862 and was reorganized December 1862 as First Maine Heavy Artillery.
It is estimated that 40,000 to 60,000 Canadians joined the Union and Confederate Armies to fight in the Civil War.
About This Item
- Title: Memorial Print for Lt. Albert G. Abbott, 1864
- Creation Date: 1864
- Subject Date: 1864-06-18
- Town: Fredericton, Petersburg
- County: York
- State: ME, NB, VA
- Media: lithograph
- Dimensions: 25 cm x 20 cm
- Local Code: M2001.3.129
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Kings Landing Historical Settlement
20 Kings Landing Service Road, Kings Landing, NB E6K 3W3
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Soldiers--Canada--New Brunswick--Fredericton
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Military personnel
- Albert, Abbott G., d. 1864--Commemoration
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.