Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Mark Fernald wrote to Ephraim Stinchfield about his travels throughout New England proselytizing for the Free Baptist faith. Both men were Free Baptist preachers.
Fernald writes that he sometimes wants to settle down, but that seeing how many souls need to be converted, he keeps traveling.
About This Item
- Title: Mark Fernald letter from Boston to Ephraim Stinchfield, 1816
- Creator: Fernald, Mark
- Creation Date: 1816-06-05
- Subject Date: 1816-06-05
- Town: Boston, New Gloucester
- County: Cumberland, Suffolk
- State: MA, ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Local Code: Coll. 44, Box 1/1
- Collection: Ephraim Stinchfield papers
- Object Type: Text
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.