Contributed by an individual through Sedgwick-Brooklin Historical Society
Not available for reproduction or licensing. More info.
A photo of some of the workers at the Farnsworth Fish Cannery in 1920. Packing the fish was considered women's work. No particular uniform was worn except caps to cover the hair and aprons, since packing fish was messy work.
About This Item
- Title: Women employees, Farnsworth Fish Cannery, Brooklin
- Creator: Hooper, Jane
- Creation Date: 1995
- Subject Date: 1920
- Town: Brooklin
- County: Hancock
- State: ME
- Media: Photo transparency
- Local Code: Brooklin Fish Factories 33/8
- Collection: Bryle Carter
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Sedgwick-Brooklin Historical Society
PO Box 171, Sedgwick, ME 04646
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Sardine fisheries--Maine--Brooklin
- Canned food industry--Maine--Brooklin
- Industrial facilities--Maine--Brooklin
- Farnsworth Fish Cannery (Brooklin, Me.)--Employees--Photographs
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.